Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Chef Taxi?
Chef Taxi is a locally owned service that delivers from over 30 restaurants in the Monroe/West Monroe area.
2. How do I place an order?
- Simply set up an account on our website.
- Enter your zip code, and choose your restaurant.
- Order online and we will deliver your food ASAP!
3. Is there a minimum food total, and what is the delivery fee?
There is a minimum restaurant food total of $20.00 (before tax, delivery fee, tip, drinks, etc.) for each restaurant. Delivery fees depend on the distance from the restaurant to the destination.
- $4.99 - up to 12 miles
- $9.99 - 12-20 miles
- $14.99 - 20-25 miles
4. What is the delivery area?
We deliver to most of Ouachita parish, including Monroe and West Monroe, and some areas in Calhoun and Sterlington.
5. What are Chef Taxi’s hours of operation?
- Sunday – Wednesday 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Thursday – Saturday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
6. How long does it take to have my order delivered?
Our goal is to have all orders delivered in 60 minutes or less!
7. How is my food transported?
All food is transported in an insulated bag to ensure your food is still warm at the time of delivery.
8. What type of payment can I use?
We accept credit cards including VISA, Master Card, American Express, and Discover. We also accept cash payments.
9. Can I order from multiple restaurants?
Yes! You must meet the required $20.00 minimum food total for each restaurant. You will also be charged an additional delivery fee per each restaurant.
10. Can I order drinks?
Yes! We deliver Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dr. Pepper in a can. Some restaurants have tea by the gallon and/or coffee available on their menus for delivery.
11. What if I have a problem with my order?
If you have any issues with your order, please call our office immediately at 318-855-8619 so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.
12. What if I need to change or cancel my order?
If you need to add to your order, remove something from your order, or cancel an order, please call our office at 318-855-8619. The options to remove an item or cancel your order will be available as long as the order has not been sent in to the restaurant.
13. Can I place an advance order?
Yes! You can place an order hours, days, weeks, or months in advance!
14. How far in advance do I need to place a catering order?
If you are planning to order a catering type order, we suggest placing the order at least 24 hours in advance. This allows us to notify the restaurant so that we can ensure your order arrives correctly and on time!
15. How do I redeem a coupon code?
After you have selected your meal, click on “VIEW CART”. This will take you to the Checkout Page where you will have the option to enter your coupon code. Click “APPLY COUPON” before you continue to check out!
16. Should I tip my delivery driver?
The delivery drivers at Chef Taxi work hard to ensure your orders arrive accurately and timely. All drivers use their own vehicles and fuel for deliveries. All tips go directly to your driver! If you are unsatisfied with the service of your driver, please call us at 318-855-8619 so that we can address the issue immediately.
17. Can I purchase a gift certificate?
Yes! Gift certificates are available through our website. If you need assistance, please call our office at 318-855-8619.